Leadership Practices Inventory
LPI — Leadership Audit Inventory
Leadership isn’t a mystical quality that only a select few are born with; it’s a set of behaviours that both experienced and prospective leaders can use to turn challenging opportunities into remarkable successes.
The areas measured include:
- Challenging the Process – Leaders search for opportunities to change the status quo. They experiment and take risks, and they accept the inevitable disappointments as learning opportunities.
- Inspiring a Shared Vision – Leaders passionately believe that they can make a difference. They envision the future, creating an ideal and unique image of what the organization can become.
- Enabling Others to Act – Leaders foster collaboration and build spirited teams. They strive to create an atmosphere of trust and human dignity. They strengthen others, making each person feel capable and powerful.
- Modeling the Way – Leaders establish principles concerning the way people should be treated. They create standards of excellence and then set an example for others to follow. They unravel bureaucracy when it impedes action; they put up signposts when people are unsure of where to go or how to get there.
- Encouraging the Heart – To keep hope and determination alive, leaders recognize contributions that individuals make. They celebrate accomplishments and make people feel like heroes.